Oil and Gas
Every day we are at work in some of the world’s harshest environments, providing life support services and infrastructure to the oil, gas and mining sectors – from the deserts of Oman in the Middle East to Alberta’s Oil Sands in Canada.
We provide common site services/life support services and critical infrastructure to the oil, gas and mining sectors.
These vital services support the everyday operations of natural resources customers in the UK, Middle East and North America. From food and medical services to field fabrication and pipe installation, few other companies can match Carillion’s range of skills and expertise.
With an emphasis on health & safety, security and the environment, we have a proven track record of operating in challenging and remote locations. We’re also experienced in supporting and up-skilling communities.
It all makes us uniquely positioned to deliver fully integrated support services to meet the complex needs of these sectors.
Developing long-term relationships
We’ve developed long-term relationships right across the natural resources sector. Our service excellence has built us a blue-chip customer base that includes BP, Canadian Natural Resources, Husky, Petroleum Development Oman, Shell, Suncor and Total.
Life support and facilities management
- Camp management and hotel services
- Housekeeping inc. linen and laundry
- Maintenance – mechanical, electrical, fabric and plumbing
- Medical services
- Office services
- Transport management
- Helpdesk and translation services
- Environmental services – waste management, sewage treatment and pest control.
Accommodation and infrastructure
- Construction – major projects
- Provision of remote site accommodation
- Contracting and Civils work
- Road construction and maintenance
- Excavation and reclamation
- Tree maintenance
- Power transmission and distribution
- Field fabrication and pipe installation
- Provision and management of domestic dwellings
- Off-shore hook ups and installations.
We have made strategic partnerships and acquisitions that further extend our capabilities and skills across the globe. Recently this has included the Bouchier Group, the Outland Group and Rokstad in Canada.
Integrated world-class solutions
- Operational base, accommodation complex and other infrastructure buildings for BP in the Khazzan gas field, Oman (Carillion Alawi)
- Off-shore platform heli-deck in Trinidad & Tobago
- 30km water main to coastal region domestic accommodation for Petroleum Development Oman
- Construction projects, contracting and site support services, remote workforce accommodation services, and transmission & distribution infrastructure for Shell in Canada
- Providing support services to schools in Qatar and in Oman, supporting the families of oil and gas workers
- Catering for thousands of workers based in remote camps in Oman and Canada
- Facilities management services in the UK, Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia for Shell.
We are active in community investment, economic development, training and education, both in Northern Alberta and with Aboriginal businesses and communities across Canada, allowing us to make a real and impactful difference.
Our Centres of Excellence programme in Facilities Management is developing vital skills for indigenous staff and helping our customers meet their commitments to localisation.