Customer Experience Management
Providing our clients, and their own customers, with an outstanding end-to-end customer experience sits at the heart of Carillion.
Customer Experience Management is central to the way we work, and we’ve got a range of award-winning processes and models that support this, co-ordinated from our Customer Experience Centre (CEC) in Sheffield: ’The heartbeat of Carillion’:
- Award-winning integrated Facilities Management Helpdesks, technically excellent and customer-focused
- Multi-channel contact centre capabilities, predicated on best value and best experience, with leading FM social media services
- Ground-breaking customer satisfaction measurement models, both B2B and B2C
- Flexible and efficient BPO, shared-service back-office and administrative services
The CEC is the UK’s largest FM centre of excellence, serving over 80 clients including Nationwide Building Society, Royal Bank of Scotland, Direct Line Group, Arriva, and Centrica in the private sector, and the Ministry of Justice, the Home Office, the Land Registry, and many local authorities in the public sector.
The team looks after over 50,000 sites across the UK, and touches the lives of around one million people every day who visit, shop in, work in, or use those sites.
This includes around 500 railway stations, hundreds of bank branches, blue-chip corporate HQs, 54 prisons, and a huge range of sites in between, with the team managing a complex mix of planned and reactive FM tasks, both hard and soft.
In addition the CEC is a leading railway Customer Service Centre, providing front-line services to the travelling public for the Arriva Northern and Grand Central franchises: calls, emails, letters, and soon live videocalls from passengers using over 450 rail stations in the north of England. The team also provides an innovative FM management service for the London Overground network.
At the CEC, we provide a broad range of back-office support activities to clients, and also our own global Carillion business, including payroll administration, time and attendance management, social media management, national phone and switchboard services.
We also measure customer satisfaction across the whole of Carillion using ServExcel: our in-house leading edge and award winning tool that works on both experiential and transactional levels.
Core to our capabilities is engagement with our two key professional alliances:
- We sit on the national council of the Institute of Customer Service (ICS), helping shape the development of customer service in the UK, and bringing a huge range of best practice back into the business.
- We are corporate members of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), where we are highly engaged and energised members, positioning the CEC as a core FM hub, and helping to shape the customer agenda within the UK’s FM industry.
We’re incredibly proud of our team, and the recognition they have received:
- Institute of Customer Service October 2016 ‘ServiceMark’: The CEC was awarded the UK’s most prestigious and demanding customer service accreditation with scores so high that they were awarded ServiceMark with Distinction, one of only seven organisations in the UK.
- British Institute of Facilities Management Awards October 2016: Winner of ‘Best Impact on FM Customer Experience’. Official recognition of the CEC as the best in the UK FM industry.
- In June 2016 the CEC team was independently certificated to BS ISO 22301:2012 by the BSi, the internationally recognised standard for business continuity management (BCM).
- Business in the Community Awards June 2016: Dawn Creighton, the CEC’s Director of Customer Care, awarded Community Business Champion of the Year.
- National Customer Satisfaction Awards March 2016: Finalist Best Employee Engagement in UK Customer Service.
- British Institute of Facilities Management Awards Oct 2015: Highly Commended for ‘Best Impact on FM Customer Experience’.
- British Institute of Facilities Management Awards October 2011: Winner of “Best Innovation in FM Customer Experience”. Official recognition of our ServExcel model.